Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Woman in Crimson by Kathryn Meyer Griffith

The Woman in Crimson by Kathryn Meyer Griffith
Publisher: Eternal Press
Genre: Historical, Paranormal
Length: Full Length (256 pages)
Heat Level: Sweet
Rating: 4.5 books
Reviewed by Bleeding Heart

Sometimes love lasts forever…but maybe it shouldn’t. Willowwind, a beautiful Civil War era bed and breakfast, is run by a loving couple, Adrian and Caroline Stone, but it’s also haunted by a long-dead Civil War era vampiress, Lilith, who believes the man, Adrian, is her reincarnated soldier/lover and will do anything to have him, body-heart-and soul, for her own again, no matter how many she must kill. But Adrian’s wife, Caroline, along with the help of the ghost of her dead father, will do anything to make sure that doesn’t happen.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. The element of suspense was present in every sentence. The relationship between the main character and his wife was well written. I believe the author wanted to make the reader not only understand that the couple had a close relationship, but to have the reader experience that relationship.

I absolutely love paranormal romance and this book definitely did a fine job of spooking me. After finishing this book, I actually had a hard time turning my back on a dark room. It was terrifically thrilling to experience! Mrs. Griffith can most certainly pull off scary. She described the people and places so clearly that are transported there. The plot was good and solid and I found myself thinking several times throughout the book that a situation such as this one did not seem farfetched at all. Mrs. Griffith did an excellent job of blending all of the elements in her book into a tight and solid story.

I gave this book a 4.5 book rating because there were a few places where I felt that conversation between the characters might have been misplaced or even unnecessary. It seemed strained or flat depending on what part of the story I was reading.

Overall, though this book was fantastic and I would suggest that anyone with an interest in the paranormal give this book a read. You won't be sorry.

1 comment:

sashagirl said...

April 1,
Thank you Bleeding Heart and The Long and Short of It Reviews for the lovely review on my book THE WOMAN IN CRIMSON...I'm so glad you liked it! Warmly, the author Kathryn Meyer Griffith
Oh, today April 1st is the day my WITCHES is being rereleased (it was originally a 1993 Zebra paperback) from Please go take a look! It's my fans' favorite of all my 14 books.