Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Ring Of Lies by Rachel Lynne



Ring Of Lies by Rachel Lynne
Publisher: The Wild Rose Press
Genre: Action/Adventure, Suspense/Mystery, Contemporary
Length: Full Length (188 Pages)
Heat Level: spicy
Rating: 4 Books
Reviewed by Sunflower

A café owner and an ex-cop must unravel the mystery surrounding a hot blue diamond in order to stop a cold blooded killer.

After a childhood lived on the road with a free-spirited aunt, all café owner Ivy Michaels wants is a normal and uneventful life, but when her aunt is found floating in the Savannah River, Ivy inherits an heirloom blue diamond and a killer bent on keeping the past buried.

Dom Riordan is an ex-cop obsessed with finding his mother's killer. A chance meeting, and a glimpse of evidence he's been seeking, convinces him that Ivy Michaels is the key to solving the crime. Dom devises a plan to date Ivy and ferret out the truth but he didn't count on losing his heart. As a ruthless killer closes in on Ivy, Dom will risk everything to keep her safe.

For Ivy Michaels, the day started out normal. She was determined to let nothing bring her down. Her life was finally calming down. That was about to change with the arrival of some bad news. From the very instant I started reading, Ms. Lynne drew me in right away with the suspense.

Ivy has gone through quite a few things in her life. But despite the obstacles life throws her way, she still shows the characteristics of a strong woman. I felt inspired by the way she handled herself in the story. As Ivy's unstable past continued to affect her, she only got stronger.

Enter Dom. From the moment I met him, I knew he had some kind of ulterior motive when he met Ivy. Though I suspected he was a good guy, I questioned his connection to the situation that arises. His first meeting with Ivy made me wonder, because of his strong reaction to her. But what was it? Why did he react the way he did when Ivy stepped into his line of view? The suspense intensified at that point, pondering questions in my mind until I found the answers that I'd been asking. Dom informed ivy of his suspicions and as Ivy found them hard to believe, so did I.

There are plenty of secrets to be discovered in this intriguing tale. The action is nearly non-stop and the tension between Ivy and Dom is intense as they have to learn to trust each other and keep ahead of the villain. As the pieces of the mystery came together, I was still surprised at the ending. I enjoyed this book very much! Ms. Lynne wrapped up the story well, with plenty of twists and turns along the way. The emotional depth of the hero, heroine and secondary characters were done well.

If you like fast paced romantic suspense, then grab hold of this story and don't let go until the wild adventure ride is over.

1 comment:

Rachel Lynne said...

I'm so glad you liked Ring of Lies, thank you so much for the great review!
Rach