Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Monday, January 17, 2011

Everyone Loves a Hero by Marie Force



Everyone Loves a Hero by Marie Force
Publisher: Sourcebooks
Genre: Contemporary
Length: Full Length (387 pgs)
Heat Level: spicy
Rating: 4 books
Reviewed by Tiger Lily

Fame has its perks...

Reluctantly famous, First Officer Cole Langston finds being in the spotlight has its advantages-until he meets Olivia. Having women throw themselves at him everywhere he goes becomes a serious problem when he's trying to convince her she's the one...

And its price...

Olivia has trouble trusting a guy like Cole, and everywhere she turns she sees reasons to run. But he's the only man who's ever seemed to understand her as an artist and as a woman...

Cole is working overtime to prove to Olivia that he's serious, but her deep seated mistrust and his entourage of unwelcomed fans may be more than they can overcome...

He’s done what seems to be the impossible—land a plane in a blizzard. But can he convince the woman he’s interested in that he’s more than a one-trick-pilot?

Ms. Force has penned a story that gripped me from the beginning. I wanted to know what would happen to these characters and how the storyline would play out. The writing is tight and the descriptions rich. She captures the essence of pilots and the hustle and bustle of the airport well.

Cole is a typical pilot (even before the save). He’s cocky and walks with a swagger expected in flyboys. It works for him because it gets him women. Now add in the hero-status and the guy has it all. I liked seeing his softer side and being able to get into his head quickly to see how he felt about Olivia. Smitten men are sexy. And the little issue he has with Nutty Natasha truly added to the story. I wanted to see how the crazy ex-girlfriend sub-story worked itself out. I must say, I loved it.

My one issue with the book was Olivia. She’s actually a great heroine. She knows what she wants out of life, albeit with a few hiccups. I liked that she didn’t move through life in a perfect manner because it gave her character. What got under my skin was her tendency to see the glass half empty. I didn’t mind her being a little worried about being with Cole—it showed she was human and gave me, the reader, something to relate to. Handsome guys with oodles of girls hanging around them can be hard to handle. Still, there were times when the jealousy and the insecurity inhibited her growth as a person. Blind trust is hard to manage and I liked seeing her struggle and overcome.

I liked this story because the characters are realistic. I felt what they were feeling and saw things through their eyes. The love scenes sizzle and left me breathless for more.

If you want a book that’s guaranteed to leave you with a smile on your face, then you need to read Everyone Loves a Hero. I give it 4 books.

No comments: