Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

It Must Have Been the Mistletoe by Kate Hoffmann, Rhonda Nelson, and Tawny Weber

It Must Have Been the Mistletoe by Kate Hoffmann, Rhonda Nelson, and Tawny Weber
Publisher: Harlequin
Genre: Contemporary, Holiday
Length: Full Length (215 pgs)
Heat Level: spicy
Rating: 4.5 books
Reviewed by Tiger Lily

The weather outside might be frightful—but the Cole sisters are indulging in something quite delightful…

When She Was Naughty… by Kate Hoffmann

Researcher Alison Cole and doctor Drew Phillips are making beautifully naughty music together! Is it a temporary sizzling interlude…or can they play together for life?

Cole for Christmas by Rhonda Nelson

When Layla Cole and Bryant Bishop run into each other again, their passion melts the snow! It's a brief yet scorching affair. Until Bryant realizes that all he wants for Christmas is Layla—every year!

A Babe in Toyland by Tawny Weber

Rita Mae Cole and Tyler Ramsey hail from feuding families. Be together? Impossible. But the incredible sex between them says otherwise….

Three hot guys plus three independent, determined women. Throw in the holiday spirit for good measure. Who could ask for more?

In It Must Have Been the Mistletoe, I couldn’t ask for more. There are three short stories in this grouping and I loved each of them. All three authors drew me in from page one (respectively) and I didn’t want to put this book down.

The first story When She Was Naughty by Kate Hoffmann was so much more than I expected. I read the blurb and knew I was in for a spicy time, but I have to admit, not only did a squirm a little, yeah, I shed a couple tears, too. There are few stories that touch me and make me think about them after the last page. This was one of them. Alison wants to bring original music to the masses in her own special way. Drew takes care of the mountain people as their doctor. The two worlds shouldn’t meet, but do and its hot. May favorite character, though, was Ettie. She’s a pill, a pistol, and I want to find her so she can be my Grandma. There are plot twists in this story I didn’t see coming and I’m glad. Totally worth the read, over and over again.

The second story Cole for Christmas by Rhonda Nelson is in typical steamy, sexy Rhonda Nelson fashion. Layla Cole (yup, she’s Alison’s little sister) is a pistol and I loved it. She’s a mandolin player and on tour with the great country singer Clint Walker (ok, yes, the name tripped me up and made my brain work—but it’s a good thing). Small problem. She’s got a raging case of stage fright. Good thing there’s a handsome chief of security to help her find some security. The matchup of Bryant and Layla is great fun because they initially can’t stand each other—sort of. The little twists and turns the plot takes, revealing layers of the story made this one memorable. Just when I thought I had the both of them figured out, Bryant and Layla did something I didn’t expect and it worked perfectly.

The final story is by Tawny Weber, A Babe in Toyland. This story follows the third Cole sister, Rita Mae. I can honestly say this one was my favorite. Rita Mae isn’t your typical child of creative parents and yet, she is. Her expectations of herself are high and when she doesn’t think she’s met them, it cripples her. She’s realistic and I loved her perfect fa├žade hiding the imperfect below. I also liked the Hatfield’s and McCoy’s angle of this story. Tyler isn’t the man she’s supposed to be with. He’s supposed to hate her because of stuff from the past. Right? Yes, there were moments when I sort of expected what would happen, but I totally didn’t expect the toy plot twist and the ending? Well, let’s say it’s not how I’d envisioned, but it was just right.

If you want a cheery little Christmas book that’s guaranteed to make you laugh, smile, and shed a few tears (sorrow and joy), then you need to grab a copy of It Must Have Been the Mistletoe. I give this collection 4.5 books.

1 comment:

India Drummond said...

Sadly, this title isn't available on the Kindle UK. I always find that so disappointing, but I'll see if I can't find other things by these authors, because it sounds great!