Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Wanted! by Vicki Lewis Thompson

Wanted! by Vicki Lewis Thompson
Publisher: Harlequin
Genre: Contemporary
Length: Full Length (218 pgs)
Heat Level: Spicy
Rating: 5 books
Reviewed by Tiger Lily

Photographer Dominique Jeffries has come to Wyoming to find herself”her creative self, her sexual self. After escaping the engagement from hell, she's dying to break loose and live a little. And seducing a shirtless, sweaty cowhand looks like just the place to start.

Nick Chance isn't exactly a cowhand but, hey, he'll be whatever the lady wants! Only he soon realizes that this is more than just a quick roll in the hay. There's something about Dominique that calls to him, something about her that completes him.

There's only one problem. Dominique wants a fling, not another relationship.

Little does she guess how easily she'll be persuaded to take a Chance”again and again and again!

I know when I pick up a book by Vicki Lewis Thompson, I’m in for a treat. Wanted! was no exception. I felt like I was right there in Wyoming with the characters and I’ve never been further west than Indiana. I could feel the dust coming out of the pasture, smell the sweat on the cowboys, and taste the clean mountain air.

But enough about the scenery. What really made this story great were the characters. Ms. Thompson creates characters that are like your friends — you could know them in your own life. And they are relatable. You could see yourself going through the same situations.

My favorite was Nick. Why? He’s a smart guy, easy on the eyes, and has a tremendous heart. A lethal combo in my book. I loved that when he decided to go for a woman, he didn’t mince words and he didn’t shy away — what she sees is what she gets. And let me tell you, the affection he felt for Dominique was thick; so thick I thought I was part of the relationship.

Now there were times when I wasn’t thrilled. Dominique’s reactions in some cases perpetuated this. She came across as a tad childish when things weren’t quite as she wanted. Sure, she’d been through the wringer and wasn’t ready to fall for someone. Can’t blame her there. But as much as it initially drove me nuts, the more I thought about her and the story, the more I realized I’d become emotionally involved with the story. I liked her growth through the story and how she got her HEA. It was great.

If you want a great story that will stick with you far beyond the last page, then you need to read Wanted!. I give this book 5 books!

No comments: