Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Friday, September 10, 2010

Renegade Angel by Kendra Leigh Castle

Renegade Angel by Kendra Leigh Castle
Publisher: Harlequin
Genre: Contemporary, Paranormal, Sci-Fi/Fantasy
Length: Full Length (288 pgs)
Heat Level: Spicy
Rating: 5 books
Reviewed by Tiger Lily

It's been thousands of years since Raum's angelic wings turned from white to black, and the Destroyer of Dignities and Robber of Kings never looked back. These days he's also on the outs with Hell and works with a motley crew of ex-demons on a new mission: snuffing out lesser demons and their half-human progeny.

Raum's latest assignment brings him to a small Vermont town—and a sweet, funny half-demon, half-human he'll risk everything to save. Ember Riddick stirs him as no woman ever before—and she holds the key to what Lucifer will move Hell and Earth to prevent: his team's redemption.

But Ember's secrets are as dark as Raum's midnight wings. And their fate may leave them entwined…but destroyed….

His humanity vanished years ago — millennia ago. She’s just trying to make him laugh. What happens when this fallen angel falls under the spell of the special woman whose smile melts his hard heart?

Sparks fly and it’s a wild ride.

There are only a few books I shout to all my friends to buy. This is one of those books. I wasn’t sure what I was going to get into when I opened Renegade Angel, but I’m glad I did. The characters literally jump off the page. I found myself rooting for them from the moment I met them. And don’t think this is a simple romance. Yes, it’s got its sweet moments and its spicy moments, but there are plenty of twists and turns to keep it fast-paced.

Raum might turn some readers off. He’s taciturn by nature. He’s a fallen angel and he’s got a boatload of anger. But it made me love him. I loved his one-liners and his ability to cut someone down to size right when he wanted to build them up. And when he struggled with his feelings, I couldn’t help but want to see him get a HEA. I know, fallen angels don’t always have happy ever afters, and they do not show emotions other than growly anger. That’s what makes this book great. It’s not the norm.

And the heroine in this book? She rocks. Why? Ember is one tough cookie. She’s been through a lot of junk in her life. She adheres to the line of thinking that big girls don’t cry. Funny...when posed with a situation where emotions are needed, she very much shows her fears, struggles, and her need for Raum. But things aren’t all sunshine and roses for her when she meets up with Raum. There’s a secret (that I didn’t see coming) that could tear them apart. I loved the tension and how she deals with it. She’s such a strong woman and it was great to see her get what she wanted.

If you want a spicy story with lots of twists and turns and a hot hero, then you need to read Renegade Angel. I give this book 5 books.

1 comment:

Nancy Bristow said...

I'm about half way into reading Renegade Angel right now and totally agree with your review...I'm thoroughly enjoying it. It's my first read of Kendra Leigh Castle but it won't be my last:)