Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Just One Taste by Louisa Edwards

Just One Taste by Louisa Edwards
Publisher: St. Martin’s Paperbacks
Genre: Contemporary
Length: Full Length (360 pgs)
Heat Level: spicy
Rating: 4.5 books
Reviewed by Tiger Lily

Bad-boy chef Wes Murphy is dreading his final-semester cooking class Food Chemistry 101 until he meets the new substitute teacher. Dr. Rosemary Wilkins is a feast for the eyes, though her approach to food is strictly academic. So Wes decides to rattle her Bunsen burner by asking for her hands-on advice on aphrodisiacs.

Rosemary is a little wary about working with Wes, whose casual flirtations make her hot under the collar. But once they begin testing the love-enhancing power of chocolate, oysters, and strawberries, it becomes scientifically evident that the brainy science nerd and the boyish chef have some major chemistry together and it's delicious.

Too many cooks in the kitchen are usually not a good thing. In the case of Just One Taste, it’s a delicious thing. You’ll want to read this book. I’m glad I did.

This is my first “taste” of a Louisa Edwards book, and I think I’ll be going out for the others in this series. Not that I needed them to know what was going on. Far from it. The book and characters stand alone well and I wasn’t lost once. I just really like her work. The tempo is quick and the plot twists enough to keep me entertained.

This is one book with characters I could identify with. Everyone has had issues with their folks at one point or another. We’ve all had those moments we wish we could erase. Rosemary is a troubled soul in that her past tends to dictate what happens in her present. Although there were times when I wanted her to come out of her shell a bit more and really embrace life (and Wes), I understood her reluctance.

Wes is a handsome hero, and a pill. Really. He’s salivating for Rosemary. Wants to know what it would be like to lose himself in her for a while. I had to give him props. There were times when most men would’ve walked away from Rosemary, but not Wes. Wonder where I could find a Wes of my own?

My favorite part of the story had to be Jes and Frankie. Talk about keeping the reader on her toes. The men had a relationship—a hot one at that—but it’s since fizzled. Seeing the interplay in the kitchen as they dance around each other literally and figuratively had me planted in my seat. These two need their own book. Please?

If you want a story with sweet romance, definite sensuality and enough laughs to make your day, then you need to read Just One Taste. I give this book 4.5 books!

No comments: