Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Monday, August 30, 2010

One Fine Cowboy by Joanne Kennedy

One Fine Cowboy by Joanne Kennedy
Publisher: Sourcebooks
Genre: Contemporary
Length: Full Length (383 pgs)
Heat Level: Spicy
Rating: 5 books
Reviewed by Tiger Lily

He’s got a way with horses…and with women...

His heart is as wild as the horses he trained…

Nate Shawcross is perfectly content to spend his days training wild horses. So when a beautiful greenhorn unexpectedly shows up for a seminar from the famous “Horse Whisperer” of Wyoming, all Nate wants to do is send her packing…

The last thing she expects is a lesson in romance…

Graduate student Charlie Banks came to the ranch to learn about horse communication, but when she meets the ruggedly handsome cowboy, she starts to fantasize about another connection entirely…

Nate needs to stay focused if he’s going to save his ranch from foreclosure, but he can’t help being distracted by the brainy and breathtakingly sexy Charlie. Could it be that after all this time Nate has finally found the one woman who can tame his wild heart?

Can a horse actually bring two people together? And can love last when both parties aren’t sure things will last at all? You need to read One Fine Cowboy to get the rest of the story.

I loved Joanne Kennedy’s first book Cowboy Trouble, from page one and couldn’t wait to get my hands on this story. I wasn’t disappointed. One Fine Cowboy delivers. I felt like I was right there in the corral with Charlie and Nate. Both are characters that will claw their way into your heart and you won’t mind one bit.

Nate was my favorite part of this book. He’s not a chatty type of guy. He keeps his emotions close to his chest, unless it concerns Charlie. I loved how she made him so tongue tied yet so sure of himself. He does the whole tall, handsome, and silent. But when it comes to her, he’s consumed by his love for her.

The secondary plot in this story really hit it home for me. They all have to do with horses and when someone is harmed by an animal with such power, it’s devastating, not only because the person was hurt, but because the animal can be harmed as well. Ms. Kennedy writes the scenes, though dangerous, with a touching quality that really got to me. This is one book for my keeper shelf and one I’ll recommend to all my friends.

If you want a sweet yet spicy romance about two people who love each other more than anything, you need to read One Fine Cowboy. I give it 5 books.

No comments: