Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Hell, Yeah by Carolyn Brown

Hell, Yeah by Carolyn Brown
Publisher: Sourcebooks
Genre: Action/Adventure, Contemporary, Suspense/Mystery
Length: Full (351 pages)
Heat: Spicy
Rating: 4.5 Books
Reviewed by Tiger Lily

Serving two counties, one wet and one dry, the Honky Tonk is the gathering place for every hothead, thirsty rancher, and lusty lady looking for a good time. Second in the funny, sexy, country romance series by award winning author Carolyn Brown, Hell, Yeah is inspired by the hit country music song and features the romantic adventures of the feisty new owner of the Honky Tonk beer joint and the hot, hard-headed cowboy who is out to steal her heart. Sparks fly so hot between gorgeous oil man Travis Henry and sassy bar maid Cathy O'Dell, they're likely to burn the place down.

What happens when a perpetual bachelor turns into a terminal bachelor? Add one determined, but gun-shy woman into the mix... can’t make it too easy on him. What have you got? You’ve got a hot and bothered oil man and one saucy woman who just might make an honest man of him. Hell, Yeah.

I love a story that keeps me on my toes. I love a story that invests me emotionally from page one. When I pick up a Honky Tonk book by Carolyn Brown, I know I’ll get both. Hell, Yeah lives up to it’s name. It’s a whole lot of fun. Ms. Brown’s characters are real and engaging. It’s like I’ve known them all my life and am getting to see them finally realize they belong together. And this book delivers plot twists to keep the reader entertained throughout.

I loved Travis. He’s tough, gritty, and an ideal cowboy looking type. But he’s also itching to settle down if he’d just stop long enough to realize it. Ms. Brown writes him in such a manner that he doesn’t realize he’s captivated by the heroine until he’s totally enmeshed. As the reader, I loved watching him bumble and stumble into the conclusion that he loved her. It’s real.

Cathy is a piece of work as well. She doesn’t want tied down. She doesn’t want to give up her freedoms. But when she sees Travis... everything goes out the window. I liked that she stood up to him. Wimpy heroine’s drive me barmy, but not Cathy. She’s got backbone and heart and it was like reading about my closest friend.

The secondary characters add extra flavor to this story and help draw things together.

If you want a story that will stick with you long after the final pages, then you need to read Hell, Yeah.

No comments: