Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Yesterday's Promise by Delia Latham

Yesterday's Promise by Delia Latham
Publisher: White Rose Publishing
Genre: Inspirational, Contemporary
Length: Full (198 pages)
Heat: Sweet
Rating: Best Book
Reviewed by Orange Blossom

A whirlwind romance amidst the natural splendor of Yosemite National Park.

A spur-of-the-moment wedding near Bridalveil Fall.

A young bride who awakens the morning after to find her new husband gone with the mountain wind.

Songbird Hannah Johns supports the child born of that ill-fated union by singing in a dinner lounge. Her dream of someday owning the elite establishment and turning it into a venue more suited to her Christian values is shattered when an unexpected transaction places it in the hands of Brock Ellis, the handsome biker who abandoned her in their honeymoon suite.

Ensuing sparks fly high, revealing buried secrets and forgotten pasts. Seeking to find peace with her painful past, Hannah returns to Yosemite, and Brock follows hard on her heels. Back where it all began, she finds herself in danger of losing her heart yet again to the man who shattered it the first time around.

This is a book I’ll be recommending to everyone I know.

Hannah Johns is the type of a young Christian woman who always did the right thing and prayed before she acted. Then she meets Brock Ellis and takes a leap. It ends in such a disaster she wonders if it was God's will after all.

Brock Ellis is confident and successful with kind gray eyes. He walks back into Hannah’s life four years later, bringing Hannah anger and confusion at Brock’s behavior. He was her one indiscretion, but it’s also how she got her son, Davey. Brock is the father of Hannah's child but he doesn't know it and he doesn't even react as if he recalls their marriage.

Yesterday’s Promise is a reunion love story, my favorite kind. Lovely readable style that captures you within the first few pages. I must comment on the flashback sequences. Most authors love to include these kinds of scenes and more often than not, they are unnecessary and slow down the flow of the story. The flashback scenes in this book were done with such poignancy and beauty that I couldn’t imagine the story without them. Very well done.

This is the kind of book to curl up with and continue reading all afternoon. I absolutely loved it. The characters, the writing—all beautifully done. Such an emotional tale tenderly told. Tell your friends, tell your family. They will want to read this book.


Delia Latham said...

Thank you, Orange Blossom, for such a wonderful review! I love when readers "get" my stories, and love my characters as much as I do. I appreciate your time and effort in reading and reviewing Yesterday's Promise.

Marianne Evans said...

This book is a definite winner! WTG, Delia. Orange Blossom knows her stuff. ;-) I'm not a bit surprised.

Delia Latham said...

Thank you, Marianne! I'm honored that you liked YP.

Donna B said...

It's a wonderful story indeed. 5 stars from me too!

Delia Latham said...

Thanks, Donna! You guys are great. :)

~~~Susan Hollaway said...

I read and reviewed this book not long ago. I love, love, LOVED this book! Delia weaves a story that draws you in and keeps you there. I'm a big fan. I even thought about this book when I wasn't reading it. In fact, I've already hinted that a sequel would be most welcome on this girl's bookshelf.

Congratulations, Delia, on a wonderful book! You get 5 books from me!

Faith Babies said...

I highly love to read Delia's books. She puts her heart into them. She has always been a good writer since a child. I give her my big 5. Love you Delia, Brenda

Chondal Campbell said...

Hi Delia, this is Chondal. I hope you win I voted for you. Keep up your outstanding work. Blessings to you!


Delia Latham said...

Hey, I just dropped in found these new comments. Brenda, Susan, Chondal...thank you so much for voting and leaving comments! You guys are awesome!

kathyboul said...

You have me sold. I will go out and buy the book. I like romance novels.

Delia Latham said...

Thank you, Kathy - and be sure to let me know what you think when you've read it. :)