Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Love Me Tender by Nancy Fraser



Love Me Tender by Nancy Fraser
Publisher: The Wild Rose Press
Genre: Historical, Suspense/Mystery
Length: Short (89 pages)
Heat: Sensual
Rating: 4.5 Books
Reviewed by Tiger Lily

Celebrated criminal attorney, Sydney Thomas, has her hands full with other people's problems. The last thing she needs is to fall for another attorney at the law firm where she's just been named partner. But she can't help being attracted to the brilliant and handsome, albeit younger, Aaron Baker. When the two are assigned to work together on a case involving a famous singer, the late night research and strategy sessions soon lead to romance. Can this be love? Or is it just a May/December fling?

Imagine, you’ve just made partner and you think you have everything you’ve ever wanted in life. Now, throw in the curve ball of an unexpected love. What do you do? Read Love Me Tender and find out more, that’s what!

This is my first story by Nancy Fraser, but it won’t be the last. I like that she writes recent historicals. I’m not a huge fan of historicals, but the ties to pop culture of the late ‘50’s really nabbed my attention. I felt like I was there in ’56 with Sydney and Aaron. Being a law fan as well, this story appealed to me because it was smartly written law fiction. Sometimes authors get bogged down in the details of law, but not Ms. Fraser. This is one book to go on my keeper shelf.

Sydney is a unique heroine. She’s a newly made partner in her law firm. She’s at the top of her world because she earned it. I liked that about her. There were times when I wasn’t as thrilled with her. She came off as almost too absorbed in the job at times and I wanted to hold Aaron in front of her to say, hey, he’s a keeper. But I liked her growth through the story. By the end, she became my favorite character. And Aaron, for his part, is nice on the eyes. I wanted to see them get their happily ever after. His persistence made me chuckle and smile.

I think my favorite part of this story, by far was the country singer, Julie Jamison. She’s so busy being the country singer persona that she cracked me up. She plays to every stereotype, but it worked. I loved her and I hated her at the same time.

If you want a short story with spicy elements and a lot of heart, then you need to read Love Me Tender.

No comments: