Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Indestructible by Kimber Chin



Indestructible by Kimber Chin
Publisher: Champagne Books
Genre: Action/Adventure, Contemporary, Suspense/Mystery
Length: Short (34 pages)
Heat: Hot
Rating: 3.5 Books
Reviewed by Tiger Lily

When Jack, Tavos Santos- head of security, sees Renata, he knows she-s a threat. The blue-eyed Spanish beauty makes every nerve ending tingle.

Now he has to figure out if the threat is to his Boss or to his heart.

She’s trained to kill. He’s trained to protect. Sounds like things should be fine. It would be if they worked on the same side. But in this tale, things are never what they seem.

This is my first Kimber Chin book. I enjoyed the interplay between the characters and felt like I was there with them as the story progressed. I felt for Jack and Renata. They are in situations both would rather not be in, but they fulfill their jobs to the best of their ability.

I liked Jack. He’s a wounded man running on autopilot. He’s the head of security and there to keep Renata from killing his charges. I liked that he’s not perfect and had a vulnerability that tugged at my heartstrings. He was easy to relate to. Who hasn’t been in a situation where they wanted out, but wasn’t sure how to get out? Jack’s determination is sexy, not to mention his attraction to Renata.

Renata on the other hand was a hard pill for me to swallow. I wasn’t sure if I liked her from the beginning. She’s tough, no doubt, but she’s so guarded that she’s hard to understand. She does her job, but without getting too close. I loved the relationship that developed between her and Miss. It was cute to see the peeling back of Renata’s outer layers to reveal the woman, the fragility underneath.

There were some details in this story that I wanted to see more fully. I wanted to get to know both the Master and Miss a bit better. I felt like that part of the story was there, but not really explained. I realize this is a short tale, but I wanted to get into both Jack and Renata’s minds more. That said, their pairing is indeed hot, hot, hot.

If you want a spicy little story for the chilly spring nights, then you need to read Indestructible.

No comments: