Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Monday, June 21, 2010

Dead in the Family by Charlaine Harris



Dead in the Family by Charlaine Harris
Publisher: Penguin Books
Genre: Action/Adventure, Contemporary, Paranormal, Suspense/Mystery
Length: Full Length (311 pgs)
Heat Level: Spicy
Rating: 4.5 books
Reviewed by Peppermint

After enduring torture and the loss of loved ones during the brief but deadly Faery War, Sookie Stackhouse is hurt and she's angry. Just about the only bright spot in her life is the love she thinks she feels for vampire Eric Northman. But he's under scrutiny by the new Vampire King because of their relationship. And as the political implications of the Shifters coming out are beginning to be felt, Sookie's connection to the Shreveport pack draws her into the debate. Worst of all, though the door to Faery has been closed, there are still some Fae on the human side-and one of them is angry at Sookie. Very, very angry...

Sweet and innocent Sookie is long gone. I for one have to say I love this new Sookie with rougher edges. I mean, after all, she deserves it since she had been through so much - not only with the Fae war in Dead and Gone, but everything else she has been through since being introduced into the supernatural world.

I was so happy to see that not only are Sookie and Eric still together, but are as hot and heavy as ever. I do have to admit I am a bit jealous of the fact that she gets a piece of that sexy vampire and all I can do is imagine my face instead of Sookie’s.

One thing I do have to say is that I was disappointed in the development in the conflict between Victor and Eric. It seemed like it was progressing at a great rate in the beginning but as soon as Eric’s maker appeared, the Victor story line was completely dropped. I understand Ms. Harris was trying to set up for the future of the series but it left me feeling a little empty.

This story also allowed you to see a different side of Eric. His behavior was very reminiscent of the way he acted in Dead to the World. And although it is nice to see a different side of Eric I cannot wait to see him back to his old arrogant ways. I mean, it is that no-holds-barred male arrogance that made me fall in love with him to begin with.

I am so wrapped up in the story line and great characters and the various plot developments that I will definitely continue to read future books. Another great book by Ms. Harris. I can't wait to see what happens next.

No comments: