Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Damned by Sin by Wend Petzler



Damned by Sin by Wend Petzler
Publisher: New Concepts Publishing
Genre: Action/Adventure, Paranormal, Sci-Fi/Fantasy, Suspense/Mystery, Futuristic
Length: Full (151 pages)
Heat: Spicy
Rating: 4 Books
Reviewed by Tiger Lily

Borne Vampires: Book 2

What happens when the original bad boy meets the scariest thing he’s ever seen--his equal?

Feared by his own kind, Vlad ‘Sin’ Dracula has awoken to a strange and wondrously changed world. What surprises him most is the ruthless, sexy as hell, Slayer who wants nothing more than to chop off his head. Until he kisses her. Everything changes. Sin is ordered by his maker to either kill or turn Mina. Sin must choose--be the hero and save the girl or be the evil the world deems him to be.

Mina Romulas is fighting more than the Damned--she’s fighting for her soul and the desire she feels for her enemy. Death awaits her if she chooses to be damned by Sin. Hell will be her life if Mina walks away from the one man who brings her to life.

What happens when everything you thought in your life becomes a lie? And what do you do when the demons take hold? Do you fight them off or do you rise above?

You’re dying to know more, I can tell. Then read Damned By Sin. You won’t regret it.

This is my first foray into a Wend Petzler story, but it won’t be the last. I loved the world of the Borne and the Damned that she created. I felt like I was there with Mina, Kai, and Sin. The descriptions are rich and enticing and drew me in immediately. I wanted to know about the characters from the first story and even the interplay with the secondary characters.

The hero and heroine in this story are both vampires, but totally different ends of the spectrum. I liked Mina. She’s brash and can kick behind with the best of them. I loved her internal struggle. She’s not sure if she’s totally on the side of good or if there is a chance she could embrace the Damned. I liked that it related to real people. We all have that choice whether to follow the path with the law or against it. But I also like the struggle in Sin. He’s got a huge lineage to live up to, but he’s also determined to be his own man.

There were times when the mindspeak was a tad hard to follow. And a little bit here and there where it was hard to figure out which point of view was which, but it wasn’t so much that I couldn’t keep up.

I think my favorite part of this story was the journey itself. I liked seeing the characters grow and change together. The heat between them when they paired up was nice and spicy.

If you want a story that has a little bit of everything, then you need to read Damned By Sin.

No comments: