Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Bet It On My Heart by Amber Leigh Williams

Bet It On My Heart by Amber Leigh Williams
Publisher: The Wild Rose Press
Genre: Contemporary
Length: Short (125 pages)
Heat: Spicy
Rating: 5 Books
Reviewed by Fern

Wayback Texas Series

ANTE UP! Keefe Ridge's bronc-busting days are nearly over. Despite that and the fact that he is slowly making his dream business venture a reality, Wayback's wildest cowboy doesn't see any reason to settle down. He is even willing to bet that marriage isn't in the cards at all for him.

Agent Calli Morlani came to Wayback on a mission: to bring Stella Ridge back to Hollywood. When Stella refuses, she dares Calli to take in some local color and see what Wayback has to offer. Whether that includes Stella's devastatingly charming brother becomes irrevelant once Calli finds herself in bed with him - in more ways than one…

Will it take a tough city girl to make the Wayback playboy finally fall long and hard? Or will Keefe give Calli a reason to stay? Place your bet!

If there’s one thing I love, it’s taking the trip to Wayback. So when I was given the chance to venture back to the Texas town, I jumped at the opportunity. To my delight, the journey was everything I hoped for and more.

In this newest installment, Bet It On My Heart, we are introduced to the delectable cowboy Keefe Ridge and the business-smart city girl Calli Morlani. She’s come to Wayback to lure Stella Ridge, Keefe’s sister, back to Hollywood. Unfortunately, Stella is utterly happy just where she is – with her husband and plans of starting a family. On the basis of a dare, Calli bets she can stay in Wayback for two-weeks without falling victim to its charm, but what she doesn’t anticipate is falling hard for Keefe, who is as shocked by their undeniable attraction as she is.

Talk about a story that hooks you from the start and doesn’t let go. Amber Leigh Williams has managed to do it again, creating characters that steal their way into your heart. Familiar and welcome faces from previous installments return to say hello, which I always love, but it’s the focus on Calli and Keefe that will make readers melt. He’s the kind of cowboy you fantasize about; while she is the kind of girl you can’t help but relate to and sympathize with. As time passes, and you know she has to return to her life, you’ll actually hurt for the two of them. There is so much heart crammed into such a deluxe package, and it makes for a quick read that you cannot put down.

Fantastic writing, sizzling dialogue, and an unforgettable story make Bet It On My Heart a must read. Be sure to pencil this title onto your TBR list for some quality time in the reading chair. I can’t wait for more in this series, as well as anything from the library of Ms. Williams, who has become one of my must read authors. She wrings every single emotion possible from your heart, only to put the pieces back together again with a shiny red bow. It’s an emotional journey that leaves one heck of an impression, which is what every fantastic romance should strive for.

Romance fans, be sure not to miss Bet It On My Heart.


Amber Leigh Williams said...

Oh, Fern, I could hug your neck! Thank you for the touching review. This is the first time a review has moved me to tears!

Donna Marie Rogers said...

I loved the first two stories in this trilogy, and can't wait to read this one! I'm with you, Fern, Amber has become a must-read author for me as well. :-) Great review!!