Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Friday, January 29, 2010

This Time You Are Mine by Suzannah Safi

This Time You Are Mine by Suzannah Safi
Publisher: Champagne Books
Genre: Action/Adventure, Contemporary, Historical, Paranormal, Suspense/Mystery
Length: Short (147 pages)
Heat: Spicy
Rating: Best Book
Reviewed by Queen Anne’s Lace

Some are haunted by their first lost love, the lucky ones get to find it again.

For fans the supernatural and undying love, This Time You Are Mine should not be missed. I originally wanted to read Ms. Safi’s novel because the blurb reminded me of many other beloved paranormal stories I’ve read. I worried the book wouldn’t live up to my expectations, but I was wrong. The book grabbed me from page one and I couldn’t stop reading until the end. A fabulous story!

The story first introduces us to Miranda Blair, our heroine, a true-crime non-fiction author. I love this career choice for the heroine. I haven’t read a romance before with the heroine working in this genre. It works very well in this story proving to be a well-chosen and brilliant literary device that propels the storyline well. For years now, Miranda has been plagued by nightmares which quickly bloomed into visions. In them, she is another woman, Rose, and living another life, two hundred years in the past. These visions inexplicably draw her to an unsolved murder case on a Scottish island. Miranda leaves home determined to write a true-crime book, never imagining she would solve the mysteries in her own life and answer the yearning of her heart.

Then enters our mysterious and extremely sexy Scottish hero, Mac Wardlaw. He not only sports the good looks and delicious burr, but holds the mysterious allure as half of his face is hidden behind a mask. Anyone getting images of the hot and sexy Gerard Butler wearing his mask and singing in Phantom of the Opera? :::fans self::: Mac is the perfect tortured hero, determined to avenge his injustices but also blessed with a big enough heart to hold forgiveness and love. I fell in love with Mac, sympathizing with his struggles and glorying in his hard won triumphs.

This Time You Are Mine begins strong and keeps the reader in a delicious grip until the decadent conclusion, which won’t fail to satisfy. You’ll want to read Miranda and Mac’s story again and again. Don’t miss out on this superb read. A+++ job, Ms. Safi‼ I’ll definitely add Ms. Safi to my list of MUST-READ authors.


Romance Alley said...

Thank you so much for the wonderful review, Queen Anne’s Lace!
Suzannah Safi

Linda said...

Wow! An amazing review. Now I WANT to go out and get this book...

Kaylin McFarren

Romance Alley said...

Thank you dear!

Hywela Lyn said...

What a great review! The book sounds wonderful and I want to read it even more now!

Romance Alley said...

Thank you much!!!