Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Monday, October 19, 2009

Angel Vindicated by Viola Estrella



Angel Vindicated by Viola Estrella
Publisher: Cerridwen Press
Genre: Action/Adventure, Contemporary, Paranormal, Sci-Fi/Fantasy, Suspense/Mystery
Length: Full (195 pages)
Heat: Spicy
Rating: 4.5 Books
Reviewed by Queen Anne’s Lace

Abby Angel doesn’t always enjoy her job, but she excels at it. Deporting unruly demons back to Hell is her specialty. Her personal life, on the other hand, could use a little work. The virtuous gene seems to be missing in this particular Angel, getting Abby into more trouble than she likes to admit. To date, her biggest vice has been Siméon Keller, a half-demon/half-human, who effortlessly managed to seduce Abby five years ago. She’s avoided him ever since but can’t seem to knock the bad reputation the blunder has branded on her.

Now the threat of a demon rebellion has Angels, Inc. overwhelmed and Abby must trust Siméon to help her find the fiends threatening to destroy Earth’s only salvation. Staying out of Siméon’s bed is the least of her worries as she fights for the lives of all Angels and humans everywhere.

Abby Virtue Angel may excel at being a law enforcement angel for Angels Inc. but her personal life has failed to live up to her high caliber name. She craves a little danger, has red hair (major faux-pas in the angel world) and not to mention her highly criticized blunder: a one night stand five years ago with half-demon/half-human, Siméon Keller.

Yes, things are bad for Abby, and they are about to get even worse when the threat of a demon rebellion rocking Angels Inc. Now, to save the world, Abby must face her biggest regret, Siméon Keller. Meeting with the sexy half-breed proves that even five years has not managed to cool the chemistry between Abby and Siméon. He agrees to help her but in return he wants to continue what they started five years ago. Agreeing to Siméon’s terms may save Angels Inc., but it could break Abby’s heart.

Witty, sarcastic and completely sexy, Angel Vindicated is a fast-paced story that grabs the reader with the first page and holds on tight. Crisp and concise, the language and word choice excels, fitting the genre perfectly and helping the novel to be original and unforgettable. Honestly, who doesn’t love a heroine who can kick ass and still deliver witty repartee such as below…

“It wasn’t as if I had a choice. I hadn’t woken up one day and decided I wanted to save the human population from avoidable sin. I hadn’t raised my hand and said “pick me” when they were passing out reasons why you’ll never have any type of normalcy. Nope. I was born an Angel, raised an Angel and I will die an Angel. Eventually. There were some advantages, including having an extended life. I would live a healthy existence for eternity as long as I didn’t get myself murdered or run over by a bus. I’d never be sick and I was immune to diseases. And—this was the best part—I’d always look like I was twenty-four years old. So all I needed to do was avoid moving vehicles, falling pianos, sharp knives and guns. Yeah, right. Did I mention I was in Demon Control?”

Ms. Estrella has created an original heroine with intelligence and strength. Between the steamy hot love, killer action scenes, and laugh-out-loud banter, Angel Vindicated is a delicious tale no one should miss. Great job, Ms, Estrella, and thanks for a wonderful read!!

1 comment:

Viola Estrella said...

Thank you so much for the great review!!! I'm thrilled you enjoyed Abby's story. ;-)