Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Friday, August 28, 2009

Stranger in His Bed by Nancy Henderson

Stranger in His Bed by Nancy Henderson
Publisher: Champagne Books
Genre: Historical, Action/Adventure
Length: Short (141 pages)
Heat: Spicy
Rating: 4 Books
Reviewed by Vervain

The best kept secret was right in his own bed…

It was interesting to read a book where the hero isn’t tall, handsome beyond belief, and nearly perfect. Instead, the hero of this tale is short, feels like a freak at times, and is far from perfect – yet he still managed to be perfect for the heroine. Angus may be a barkeep who’s run into bad luck, but one look at Cat and he knows he has to help her. He truly has a heart of gold; a diamond in the rough. Cat may seem like the perfect lady, but she has her flaws and insecurities.

I found the characters to be believable and sincere in their emotions. While this may be an unconventional romance by normal standards, I found myself reading page after page, anxious to see where the story would go. Ms. Henderson did a lovely job, painting scenes that I could easily see in my mind. She didn’t over describe anything, but gave enough description for me to fill in the rest, making me a part of the tale.

The only thing that would have made it better would have been a little more editing. The editors missed a few errors that detracted from the story a bit, taking away from the word flow in a few places as I stopped to re-read a few sentences inserting the correct words.

Over all, this was an enjoyable read and I would gladly read something of Ms. Henderson’s again.

1 comment:

Nan D Arnold said...

Sounds likea winner
Nan D Arnold