Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Meant To Be by Donna Marie Rogers



Meant To Be by Donna Marie Rogers
Publisher: The Wild Rose Press
Genre: Action/Adventure, Contemporary, Inspirational, Suspense/Mystery
Length: Full (222 pages)
Heat: Spicy
Rating: 5 Books
Reviewed by Fern

She's running from her past, he's unsure about his future. Maybe together they can figure out what was MEANT TO BE.

Officer Garrett Jamison is at the lowest point in his life. He’s lost faith in his ability as a police officer after unwittingly setting his sister up with a dirty cop. Garrett ended up getting shot, and his sister's son kidnapped right out of his own bed. He takes a leave from the force, in need of some time to make a decision about his future. Too bad he can't get a decent night's sleep thanks to his sexy new neighbor and her howling cat.

Jessica McGovern moves halfway across the country to start a new life in Green Bay, Wisconsin after her ex-husband is convicted of involuntary manslaughter in the death of their young son. Her new neighbor is as infuriating as he is handsome, but when her ex is released from prison early and shows up in town, Jessica discovers she's never needed anyone more.
Officer Garrett Jamison is in a rut. He can’t decide where he is in life, where he wants the future to take him, or who he wants to spend it with. He’s living at home with his brother and Uncle, without a family of his own, and the future is looking pretty darned bleak…Until his long-time neighbor’s sexy niece takes up residence in the house next door while her uncle is off to see the world. Jessica McGovern is leaving behind a past laced with painful memories she’d rather forget. She’s ready for a fresh start in a new place with friendly faces. It’s too bad one of those faces belongs to her obnoxious neighbor, Garrett Jamison, the Jolly Mean Giant himself. It’s a shame, too, because Garrett is as sinfully handsome as he is ill mannered.

Donna Marie Rogers has truly outdone herself with Meant To Be, a story that is as heartwarming as it is heartbreaking. This is the kind of book you crawl into bed with on a rainy night, with plenty of twists and turns along the way to keep you guessing and so much steamy chemistry between the protagonists you’ll sport a silly grin on your face.

Garrett is exceptional in this, but then, I knew he would be. His prominence in the first installment, There’s Only Been You, was only a small glimpse of what was to come. In Meant To Be, he’s more than I ever could have imagined. As emotionally flawed as he is physically perfect, he’s a man with a devilishly short hair trigger but a heart as large and vast as the sky. Jessica is endearing as a beautiful and sassy woman that can’t let go of a bad marriage ended by tragedy. She continues to shoulder the blame following the death of her son, something she was in no way responsible for, which is the most devastating thing about her. How can you move forward and embrace the future when you can’t let go of the past?

There is so much I want to say, and if I could, I would harp praise upon praise. The material is tightly written, well plotted and fast paced, and the characters are unforgettable. But I think Meant To Be is best entered into with the only the blurb provided as reference. I refuse to spoil this wonderful story by blabbing. It’s so much better if you don’t know, trust me. Meant To Be is a must read.







5 comments:

Donna Marie Rogers said...

Fern, thank you so much for this amazing review. I can't even express how I felt when I read it. I love Garrett, but to experience him from your point of view brought tears to my eyes. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Christie Craig said...

Love the review. I'm reading There's Only Been You now and the sequel sounds fabulous.

CC

Lori K said...

Donna, I loved Garrett in "There's Only Been You"! I'm so glad he's gotten his own story and his own lady, too!



Lori Ann

Helen Scott Taylor said...

What a wonderful review. I loved There's Only Been You and I can't wait to read Meant To Be.

Donna Marie Rogers said...

Oh, wow, thank you Christie, Lori & Helen!

Christie, I'm reading Gotcha! right now (literally...shhh...supposed to be writing LOL) and I'm loving it. No surprise there. I sure hope you're enjoying Mike & Sara's story. That's the first book I wrote and the proverbial 'book of my heart'. :-)

Lori, I look forward to hearing what you think of Garrett's own story. :-) Thanks for all your support. Any chance you're free this Tuesday about 4 p.m.?

Helen, thanks again for the wonderful review on There's Only Been You. :-) I plan to read The Magic Knot just as soon as my sister-in-law returns it to me, and unfortunately we only see each other a couple times a year (we live in different states). I usually let her borrow some books when she visits, and she snatched The Magic Knot off my nightstand so fast it would've made your head spin...LOL