Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Monday, July 13, 2009

Kill Me Later by Peggy Parsons

Kill Me Later by Peggy Parsons
Publisher: The Wild Rose Press
Genre: Contemporary, Suspense
Length: Full (310 pages)
Heat Level: Spicy
Rating: 3 Books
Reviewed by Wild Plum

Ex-military officer Birch Bishop is hired to assassinate international arms dealer Sam Avel. When Tracy White unknowingly intercepts the bait money, Birch doesn’t flinch. He’s not about to give up his twenty-year pursuit of the man who murdered his parents. Following Tracy through Europe, Birch gets a little too close and falls in love. With Tracy between a madman and his money, can Birch keep Tracy alive?

Brilliant chemist Tracy White’s devotion to her research leaves no time for romance. Her solution? Squeeze in one night of wild sex, wild enough to last her a lifetime. But first she must stash her proceeds from the sale of her cosmetic cream formula into a Swiss bank, slighting the IRS on the way. When Tracy learns the money transfer was botched and she now possesses a sadistic arms dealer’s money, she chooses to be the target for the vicious man rather than rot in jail for tax evasion – until she looks into her would-be killer’s eyes.

I’ll be the first to admit that romantic thrillers aren’t my favorite books and they’re usually not my first pick either. But something about the blurb to this book just drew me in and I just had to know what was going to happen. The story was fast-paced from the very beginning and I just couldn’t stop reading. I swear I bit my nails to the quick.

Though occasionally the book would slow down or the author would use a action scene that had been overused, I still kept turning pages because Kill Me Later has a very unusual storyline. I have to say that it’s one that romantic thriller fans should love.

The story was filled with drama, suspense and an extra dose of passion. Let’s just say Peggy Parsons knows how to heat up the pages with drama and suspense and smoke roars to life with the intimacy between the characters. I wouldn’t recommend this to anyone who frightens easily. But if a tense, edge-of-your seat ride is something you live for than it’s a must-read book for you.


No comments: