Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Too Hot to Handle by Robin Kaye

Too Hot To Handle by Robin Kaye
Publisher: Sourcebooks, Inc
Genre: Contemporary
Length: Full (416 pages)
Heat: Spicy
Rating: 5 Books
Reviewed by Hibiscus

He sure would love to have someone to take care of...

Dr. Mike Flynn's single mom taught him early how to cook and clean, and there's nothing like vacuuming or doing dishes to help a guy relax. Annabelle Ronaldi is an artist without a domestic bone in her body. Since her fiance's death, she can't paint, and life looks hopeless.

Until the day after her sister's wedding, when she wakes up with Mike next to her in bed, and then she's really beside herself - because the handsome stranger is a dead ringer for her dead fiance.

After their mind-blowing one night stand, Mike is sure this is the woman he wants to take care of forever, but she acts like she's seen a ghost. While Mike sets to work wooing Annabelle, she sets to work sniffing out the truth of the convoluted family secret that turns everybody's lives upside down.

Robin Kaye proves she is no flash-in-the-pan with her second of the Domestic Gods books. Too Hot To Handle really was. At times I thought I would need gloves to keep from singing my fingers. From the first chapter where Annabelle awakes to a strange man in her bed to a surprising family secret, I could not put this fantastic book down.

Annabelle Ronaldi is the sister of Rosalie, who we met in Romeo, Romeo, the first Domestic God book. A fantastic artist, Annabelle has a collection of portraits she painted of her deceased boyfriend, Chip, who’s twin sister Becca is her best friend. I felt sorry for Annabelle that the only piece of Chip she would carry with her was her portraits and her memories. I wished that Chip and Becca’s parents would have accepted Annabelle with open arms instead of their hatred of her.

Dr. Mike Flynn is what I consider to be the best thing a woman could want. Not only is he a doctor and good looking, Mike can clean and cook and loves to do both. I believe he would be in heaven if he could take care of someone. I saw how he felt about her when he cleaned Annabel’s place and whenever he fed her the food he made.

There are a plethora of minor characters who add to this fascinating story, from Becca and Ben, Annabelle’s boss, to even Dave, Nick and Rosalie’s dog. With its convoluted family lines, I kept rooting for Annabelle to be accepted by Becca’s family in the same open armed way that Mike’s mother cared for her. I bit my nails as Mike pondered his job opportunities. I cried at Annabelle’s continual sacrifices for those she loves.

Too Hot To Handle is a sensational story that sizzles with sex appeal. I found the story to be light and easy to read. It was well written in a way that made the words flow and had me sailing through the story. I can’t wait for Ms. Kaye’s next book.


carlakempert said...

Release date, please?! Congrats, Robin!

Stephanie Julian said...

Can't wait to read this, Robin.

Adele Dubois said...

I knew you were no flash in the pan. :) Big congrats on your new release and great review!

Best--Adele Dubois

Cathy Pritchard said...

Where can I find a guy who wants to cook and clean too?! Great review. Congrats, Robin!

Judi Fennell said...

I would expect nothing less than five stars - Robin is an amazing writer and I can't WAIT to get my hot hands on this one (and the book too!!!)