Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Monday, March 2, 2009

The Ghost Shrink, the Accidental Gigolo & the Poltergeist Accountant by Vivi Andrews



The Ghost Shrink, the Accidental Gigolo & the Poltergeist Accountant by Vivi Andrews
Publisher: Samhain Publishing
Genre: Contemporary, Paranormal
Length: Short (67 Pgs)
Heat Level: Hot
Rating: 5 Books
Review by Xeranthemum

It’s not smart to piss off a poltergeist…

A Tickle My Fantasy story.

It’s bad enough to be sexually frustrated. But as a medium, it means until Lucy Cartwright gets some, she’s doomed. Oh no, not to death. Worse. To nightly visitations by recently deceased, wanna-be Cassanovas without the bodies to back it up. Then a living, breathing fantasy arrives on her doorstep, and Lucy thinks her dry spell is at an end.

Much as he would like to be Lucy’s personal gigolo, PI Jake Cox has a job to do. He’s been sent to prevent her from getting laid until a particular horny phantom—and key witness in his mob investigation—pays her a visit. The real challenge? Keeping his own hands off Lucy long enough to get the job done.

Or the lonely, geeky ghost of a murdered mob accountant could rip a hole in the fabric of the universe…

Warning: This book contains cheesy pick-up lines, amateur stripteases, and voyeuristic intentions – all by dead men. And the living behave just as badly

This short book with the clever long name is just what you are looking for if you enjoy a bit of fun in your romance stories; peppered with witty dialogue, a heroine in a rut and a hunky hero who wants to but won’t.

Ms. Andrews created a very well-rounded character with Lucy. She’s quirky and fun, earnest yet sort of innocent, serious minded but passionate. The kitchen scene was my favorite because of its normalcy. The author set the scene and the actions within it perfectly where any reader could relate and place herself right there. And ‘right there’ was a pretty hot place to be.

Jake is part of what makes this story so steamy. I enjoyed the push/pull sexual tension of a man having to deny his needs and having a hard time succeeding. I laughed hysterically when he meets the accountant for the first time. Ms. Andrews has a wicked sense of humor.

Speaking of humor, the first chapter is loaded with giggles and snorts. Honestly, I don’t think I’ve read a story that kept me grinning from ear to ear all the way through, even when things got a bit suspenseful. Yet Ms. Andrews did it. I could not stop reading and thoroughly enjoyed myself. My only caveat is that it was too short. I can sense the HEA, but I am really hoping Ms. Andrews has another installment in the wings between Lucy and Jake. Her profession and his background must certainly provide enough inspiration. Either that or I’m just being selfish. I really liked the chemistry between Lucy and Jake and want more of them along with the author’s very clever and humorous dialogue. This is one story that I highly recommend because it is extremely enjoyable. And I’m still grinning.

No comments: