Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Coincidence by Rebecca Savage

Coincidence by Rebecca Savage
Publisher: Champagne Books
Genre: Contemporary; Suspense
Length: Full
Heat: Spicy
Rating: Best Book
Reviewed by Violet

Lori’s ex-fiancé framed her and made certain she went to prison in his stead. Now she’s out, and he wants to shut her up. He’s hired a man to stalk her, threaten her and tell her to leave the case closed and accept her fate.

Lori’s never been that obedient, and she believes in making her own fate. Her new friend Sal Tarentino is right there beside her, cheering her on.

Can they win? And find a way to turn their coincidental meeting into…happily ever after?

Lori is a woman scorned who will do whatever it takes to clear her name. Joseph, her ex-fiancé, had framed Lori and she served time in prison for that man. Lori lost everything that ever mattered to her: her friends, family and her fiancé. No longer would she take it lying down. On a quest to clear her name, Lori moves to a small town to live in seclusion when incidents start occurring to make her change her mind about reopening her case. What she hadn't counted on, though, was

Sal, a devilishly handsome attorney who has Lori reconsidering love once again. Sal will stop at nothing to show Lori, he will be there and will not hurt her. Can a love for the two of them survive her past?

Lori's character really spoke to me. She was a strong willed, sassy, brassy woman who had been wounded right to her soul. She used defense mechanisms to help her cope through situations she thought might become detrimental to herself. She definitely had the walls up around her heart but then along came Sal. Sal had to be one of my favorite characters in the book. He was a man determined to persevere through whatever Lori had to throw at him. He knew there was more to Lori than just a hard hearted woman. He was always there at the right time for Lori and tried to show her how to love again. Lori and Sal's characters brought to the story a combination of love and suspense. It was a story of determination, challenge, compassion and intimacy on a level other than the physical. The secondary characters in this book, like the brothers, really made me feel the bond. Each had the others' back.

Coincidence gripped me from the first page, and I was reading just as fast as I could. The plot line was amazing and I did not see the twists coming. The end of the book was breathtaking and jaw dropping. It ended in the most perfect way.

Rebecca Savage should be awarded for her unique way of capturing the hearts of her readers with suspense and drama. I enthusiastically recommend you read Coincidence for a suspense-filled read that will take you to another time and another place. You can expect to experience a variety of emotions throughout Coincidence. This book was very well written with humor, action, conflict and some very hot love scenes. Coincidence will not disappoint!

I will be rereading this book often. I would love to see this book become a series, perhaps a book for each of the brothers. I have found myself thinking about this book when I am not reading it and I love it when a book can do that to me. Ms. Savage, you can be proud of Coincidence and know that you have found a new fan in me!


suzieb said...

I am Rebecca's no 1 fan in England and have all of her books to date. I am thrilled that she is getting the recognition she deserves she is a talented writer. I wish her much success for her career. I will continue to read everything she writes.

Tammara said...

I always knew you were capable of greatness. I am so proud of you and your works.
Keep the books comming, I can't get enough of them!

Rebecca Savage said...

I apprecite my number one fan in England and my cool American pal, too;
I hope I never disappoint them:)