Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Meltdown by Susan St. Thomas



Meltdown by Susan St. Thomas
Publisher: The Wild Rose Press
Genre: Contemporary, Suspense
Length: Full (388 pgs)
Heat Level: Spicy
Rating: Best Book
Review by Larkspur



Memories of one magical night had kept Evan Jorgenson sane during his tour in Iraq. When he meets Cassie Hamilton again in Lake Placid, he yearns to pick up where they left off. She deserves more than a shell-shocked soldier. But Cassie’s in danger, and in order to keep her safe, he’s jeopardizing not only his job as a NYS police officer, but a dream promotion. If only she’d talk about what happened in L.A… After three years away, the spunky, young chocolatier is back in Dewitt, NY rebuilding her life in order to regain custody of her young daughter. But Cassie has a secret bigger than nibbling chocolate kisses while she works. When Evan discovers her terrible secret, can he put aside his pride and find the sweetest thing of all, true love, or will he leave her forever?

Susan St. Thomas’s Meltdown ROCKS!! It’s a love story of two tortured souls Cassie and Evan, filled with everything that makes a great romantic suspense read. It will blow your socks off.

Not only did I love this story, I literally couldn’t put it down once I started reading it. There is so much nail biting, edge of your seat action suspense that you’ll need to wipe the sweat of your brow often. The love scenes are so hot that they could speed up global warming and tender enough that you need tissues close at hand, and should be a mandatory manual for all prospective lovers.

It has wonderfully defined and developed characters not only the hero and heroine, but an equally great supporting cast. Her writing style was entertaining and descriptive enough that I could actually see the scenes being depicted. With so much going on at any given time in the story you never loose track of where she wanted the reader to go.

So if you’re opposed to an excellent read, spicy love scenes, great suspense, wonderful characters and a definite best seller then this is not the book for you. For the rest of you out there...well, what are you waiting for? Grab a copy for yourself.

7 comments:

Mary Ricksen said...

I always say what I want in a book is to, be there. Smell the flowers, feel the rush of the wind, imagine it is me in the kiss. Susan St. James puts me there. That is a true tale of a good book, if I can escape into it.

Michelle McAdam said...

'Steamy' doesn't even begin to describe some of the scenes in Meltdown. If you need a great read to warm you up on a cold winter night, this is the book for you. If the tender love story doesn't melt your heart, the loves scenes sure will.

lastnerve said...

I so want to read this book! The review was amazing and just by the cover alone, I GOTTA HAVE IT!

Val
lastnerve2000@gmail.com

cheryl c said...

This is a new-to-me author, so I didn't know what to expect when I read the review. This is an awesome review, and I thank you for introducing me to this author.

Cathy M said...

Wow, great review. Thanks for the heads up on a new author, I will definitely be adding this book to my wish list. Plus I notice it's part of a series, even better.

Sue A. said...

I really like books with strong emotions and a story with tortured souls sounds intensely emotional. Great review!

Susan St. Thomas said...

My thanks to LASR for nominating MELTDOWN for Best Book 2009. This year's experience was beyond any stretch of my imagination. And to all LASR's very loyal and supportive readers, from the bottom of my heart, I thank you.

Love and Peace,
Susan