Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Home to Stay by Ann B. Morris

Home to Stay by Ann B. Morris
Publisher: The Wild Rose Press
Genre: Contemporary
Length: Short (14 pages)
Heat: Sweet
Rating: 4.5 books
Reviewed by Violet

Ten years after his breakup with Jenna Stanhope, Shane McCrea returns to Twin Creeks, with his nine-year old daughter in tow, to explain his sudden departure and ask Jenna for forgiveness.

Jenna Stanhope is unprepared to face the man who once tilted her world off its axis, but how can she resist her high school love when he arrives bearing daisies and an apology? For the first time in a decade, Jenna's world is right side up again.

Bound by honor and obligation, Shane McCrea walked out of Jenna's life. Ten years later, he is back and won't settle for anything less than making things right between himself and Jenna.

"Home to Stay" was a sweet, touching story about a honorable man and the woman who had loved him but was determined to go on with the rest of her life. The chemistry between Shane and Jenna was undeniable. I felt connected to them both and little Casey tugged at my heartstrings. Casey was a wonderful addition to the story. I am a person who loves to see love win out in the end and, in this story, it most certainly did so.

Ann B. Morris did an exceptional job in writing this book. All the elements you would want to find in a good book like romance, love, opposition and uncertainty were all wrapped up in "Home to Stay." I would definitely recommend "Home to Stay" to those who love a wonderful romantic story within a few short pages. I would love this book to have a sequel or be part of a bigger story. I feel like I want to get to know these characters. Excellent job, Ms. Morris. "Home to Stay" won my heart and I look forward to reading more.


Nicholas Genovese said...

What a great review. I'm so happy for you. SOLA is full of talented and creative people. We need to know that, believe in it, be proud of it, and brag about it whenever we can.

Nick Genovese

Viola Russell said...


This book sounds great. I'm a sucker for an old-fashioned romance.

Viola Russell