Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Monday, January 19, 2009

Lady of the Stars by Linda Banche



Lady of the Stars by Linda Banche
Publisher: The Wild Rose Press
Genre: Historical; Paranormal
Length: Short story
Heat: Sensual
Rating: 4.5 books
Reviewed by Hibiscus

Caroline knew something was wrong the instant she stepped into that unusual gazebo with two doors. But when a man she never thought to see again appeared outside, she flung caution aside and plunged through the back door, crashing into an unknown man--and 1817.

Time travel? Impossible. Richard refused to believe the strange woman's outlandish tale. Still, she's lost and alone, and he helps the stranded wayfarer.

But as attraction blooms between these two lonely people, Richard's family legend grinds to its inexorable conclusion--will it bring them together, or tear them apart forever?

“Lady of the Stars” has my favorite elements in it's story. It is about time travel, has very believable characters, and it has a good story line.

When I first read about Caroline Blake, I fell in love with her. Here was an independent woman who found love and lost it when her husband died. She continues to live her life to the fullest and is not afraid when thrown a curve. I believed how she adapted to life in 1817. Her knowledge of mathematics and astronomy made it easy for Richard to accept her tale of when she was from along with her physical proof.

I thought making Richard Newland an exact copy of her husband was a stroke of genius. His reactions to Caroline made me think of love taking place again and if he could be the reincarnation in reverse of her dead husband. Richard was always so proper and looked out for Caroline and her reputation. I loved how he came to her defense when the townspeople snubbed her.

The time they spent together exploring the stars and planets was so cute to read about. I was reminded of an Andy of Mayberry episode. Everything was on the up and up and not even a kiss exchanged. Their mutual love for one another was a natural development. Then when I was just getting settled in their life -- WHAM! My heart is ripped from my chest and I felt the tears coming on. What a moving scene.

“Lady of the Stars” is a very good story that makes one wonder "what if?". I thoroughly enjoyed this first story by Ms. Banche and look forward to her next release. I just know I'll love it as much as I did “Lady of the Stars.”

2 comments:

Linda Banche said...

Hibiscus, thank you for the wonderful review.

MarthaE said...

Good review!! Makes me wonder what that "Wham" is! Guess I'll have to read the book to find out!!