Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Friday, January 9, 2009

Infidelity by Debbie Gould



Infidelity by Debbie Gould
Publisher: Red Rose Publishing
Genre: Contemporary; Suspense
Length: Full
Heat: Hot
Rating: 5 books
Reviewed by Violet

Melanie's marriage ended abruptly. And violently. In an act of self defense she ended her abusive husband's life and lost her unborn baby. Moving back home to Vermont , with the help of her brother and an old high school sweetheart, Melanie begins to heal. Someone, though, doesn't want Melanie to recover. They want her dead.

Will she be stronger than the person who wants to end her life?

Melanie caught her abusive husband with another woman and had planned to leave him. When he came home the abuse continued and for once she defended herself and her unborn baby. In self defense, Melanie accidentally kills him and her unborn is lost. Melanie calls her brother Dan to help her, and he brings Luke with him. Luke used to be her high school sweetheart and seems to be the only who can make her life make sense. Luke is there to protect Melanie and is shocked and angered when he realizes it is more than just the husband that was lost, but someone is after Melanie and wants to see her dead.

Melanie's character sustains a lot of abuse at the hands of her husband, and Luke takes it upon himself to take care of Melanie. It intrigued me how intense their relationship was, how much they grew as a couple and how they dealt with all they had to endure. As I watched their relationship grow, I felt their pain, sorrow, joy and love. My heart broke when Luke was trying to get to Melanie in the field. I kept hoping against hope that everything would be ok. Adding Sarge to the mix of characters and the story became even more intriguing.

Infidelity was an AMAZING book to read. I cannot write a good enough review for this book. I highly recommend Infidelity to anyone who is interested in romantic suspense. Infidelity was the first book that I have read by Debbie Gould. I consider her an excellent writer, and I will most definately add anything she writes automatically to my "to be read" list.

1 comment:

Lisa Griffin said...

I fell in love with Mountain Echo and can't wait to read Infidelity. Debbie's stories tug at the ole heart strings. She is definitely an author to be on the lookout for!