Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Friday, May 23, 2008

Review: Booty Call For Murder

Booty Call For Murder
by Jane Greenhill

Victoria Hubert spends her days with the Dewey Decimal System and her nights living vicariously through romance novels. When Detective Angus McDonald enters her library, she recognizes him as the coverboy of her current novel.
Angus has more skeletons in his closet than a public official. He’s on the hunt for Richard Markov, a convicted felon who slipped through the justice system.

Now Richard is back in town with a new agenda, Victoria is his next victim and as her life plays out like a romance novel, Victoria is determined to write her own happy ending.

To be honest I was bit surprised by the intrigue, which was different from my expectations because of the title chosen by the author (who was really smart to have this little pun).

Indeed, I was expecting a really hot and spicy story, not a thriller, but that was quite fine.

Though I had some difficulty following this story at the beginning, I grew fond of the tender and humorous sides of the main characters: Victoria Hubert a "hot", generous and shy young woman, broken by life, unconscious of her charms, who was prefering living her life through her romance books and devoting herself to her beloved grandparents and friends -- Peter the extravert and protective gay friend ; Oliver the bashful lover and the frivolous Maya.

And Angus Mcdonald, the hero, my favorite (I have always had a weakness for muscular men with blue eyes *grin* ) a gorgeous detective and cover model, attracted by Victoria, totally awkward and perfect in the sentimental knight role.

Throughout this story, although the attraction of Victoria to Angus seemed to me reciprocal and obvious, I could not help but wonder if Angus would one day succeed to avoid all the traps planted along his way to achieve his goal and declare his love.

As strange at it seems, I was quite interested by Richard Markov, and couldn’t help wondering why he was after Victoria and what would be his next move to prevent Angus' happiness . But, most of all, I really had great fun with his pathetic and Norman Bates psycho side. Especially with his awful seduction ways which reminded me of some terrible boyfriends :-D

Reading this book was more than pleasant for all the characters were so similar to the people that we meet in real life, that it would have been difficult not empathize. I really loved and had fun with the protective gay friend and matchmaker mother (quite a cliché) and the fanatical romance books customers—all of them so hilarious!

I could go on for hours but I would only succeed in spoiling the fun of discovering this nice novel. To summarize, I would say that "Booty Call For Murder" charmed me by its freshness and the original and fun cast of characters

My opinion ? For those looking for a mystery novel full of love and fun "Booty Call For Murder" would be the perfect pick.



Review by Sunflower

No comments: